Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links so I earn a commission. Please read my disclosure for more info
How to remove deep scratches from sunglasses? The simple answer is yes it could be done very easily.
Based on your brand, polarized sunglasses can be a costly investment.
Scratched lenses will reduce your viewing capacity even if you haven’t used them a lot.
Luckily, there is a quick-to-fix Home remedy to repair scratched sunglasses polarized lens.
Both Plastic and glass lenses repair methods are totally different. Before repairing, make sure you know what kind of lenses you have. Now let’s move to learn how to remove deep scratches from sunglasses.
How to remove deep scratches from sunglasses
The following methods will help to minimize the occurrence of surface scratches, but we recommend that you try them only on minor scratches.
While with these methods we can not guarantee 100 % success.
How to remove scratches from mirrored sunglasses
- Squeeze on a dry cotton ball a small dab of white, non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Rub the toothpaste around your lenses about 20 seconds in circles.
- Wipe the toothpaste with a clean and dry cloth.
- Turn the micro fibre to reveal its clean, unused side. Damp the cloth and clean the glass lenses until all the trace of the toothpaste is gone.
- Repeat until the scratch has disappeared.
How to remove scratches from plastic sunglasses
- Wash your polarized sunglasses under warm, flowing water and rub each lens gently using a dot of dish detergent. Rinse the soap away and microfiber tissue thoroughly dry out the sunglasses.
- Apply a scratch remover polish or use petroleum jelly, furniture polish or non-abrasive white toothpaste when scratch remover polish is not available. Almost all of these materials will fill up the marks, which makes them less noticeable.
- Rub the protective coating around the lens in a circle for 5 to 10 seconds using a micro fiber cloth, then check the lenses for the visibility of the scratches. If scratches still visible, repeat the same process again and again.
- Wash the glasses again in soapy warm water and remove the oily remains from the lenses and dry them completely with a microfiber tissue.