If you are an avid cyclist, chances are that you have heard of Peloton – the indoor cycling company that has taken the fitness world by storm.
One thing many people wonder is how do Peloton shoes fit?
In this article, we will explore all aspects of how to measure your foot for a pair of Peloton shoes and what size to order.
How Do Peloton Shoes Fit?
Your Peloton shoes should fit you like a running sneaker, not too snug and not too loose.
Because they are designed to offer excellent motion control and additional stability through their deep heel cup.
To ensure the perfect fit, these shoes are made with a lacing system that offers a snug fit around the arch of your foot.
The synthetic leather upper has been carefully crafted for breathable comfort and durable wear resistance.
The shoe also features an extra layer that can be tucked away to keep it clean during rides – just fold it up on top!
Why are Peloton shoes a great choice?
For many people, their everyday footwear is the most important investment they make – and one that will affect their health and happiness for years to come.
Peloton shoes are a great choice because of three key factors:
- Strategically placed steel power pins in the sole allow you to enjoy all your favorite fitness activities
- Imported Italian leather keep your feet comfy and healthy
- An adaptive fit system enables this shoe to mold to any foot shape (wide or narrow) or size.
How Peloton shoes can help you ride better?
Helping you ride better starts by just getting in the saddle!
The feel of cycling can be improved through good form and wearing shoes that are properly fitted to your feet.
Peloton shoes help some riders with pedal issues such as “bad knees,” Morton’s Neuroma, Achilles Tendonitis, Plantar Fasciitis, or other repetitive motion injuries – but not always.
This is because cycling shoes are just for riding, not injury prevention.
Peloton shoes are fitted to your feet by size and gender but this is also the case with Nike’s cycling shoes as well.
The difference between them comes down to materials used in construction:
Peloton uses a synthetic mesh-like material whereas Nike offers leather or fabric uppers that have been pre-built into shoe shapes – which may be more beneficial if you suffer from allergies or other sensitivities (especially during summertime).
How are peloton shoes different from other cycling shoes?
Peloton sports shoes are a comfortable, low-profile option for the daily cyclist.
With two arches under the sole and an elastic lacing system, they provide a supportive fit that’s easy to quickly remove after your commute.
The main distinction between the peloton and other cycling equipment is their focus on increased comfort.
With soft microfiber overlays on the arch supports, minimal stitching across sensitive areas of the outside ankle bone, and cushioning gel pods in high contact areas like where your foot hits the pedal.
They provide all-day performance with none of that pesky breaking-in time period.
They’re also very durable; their body is made from synthetic leather and mesh material that holds up well against weather conditions as well as your everyday wear and tear.
Peloton shoes vs regular cycling shoes:
Peloton-specific shoes offer a lot of benefits over regular cycling shoes.
While the price may seem too high, it’s worth picking up one pair for your Peloton bike to make a world of difference in your workouts.
- Peloton-specific shoes offer great stability and comfort during workouts because they work in tandem with the bicycle to help provide power and comfort.
- Regular cycling shoes are much more rigid due to their construction and, while still providing some stability for balancing on your feet while riding the bike, lack padding.
- Fabric inserts on the sole of these Peloton-friendly trainers also absorb shock from riding without feeling bouncy as you hit bumps or divots in the road (or studio floor).
- Peloton-specific shoes also feel much more comfortable over long periods, with high-quality inserts that are moldable to conform to your feet and soles.
- These inserts help alleviate a lot of the discomfort usually seen in regular cycling shoes when you ride for hours on end but may not be as great for those who need very precise control or stability during biking sessions.
- The shoes do cost a bit more than regular cycling shoes but the benefits outweigh the price; you’ll be able to ride for hours without feeling as much discomfort, which means it’s easier to enjoy your workouts and progress faster on them!
Peloton shoes sizing guide:
The Peloton Sizing Chart is below and there are also some helpful shoe fit tips.
|EU Size||US Size|
|Size 36||Women 5|
|Size 37||Women 6|
|Size 38||Women 7|
|Size 39||Women 8|
|Size 40||Men 7 / Women 9|
|Size 41||Men 8 / Women 10|
|Size 42||Men 9 / Women 11|
|Size 43||Men 10/ Women 12|
|Size 44||Men 10.5|
|Size 45||Men 11|
|Size 46||Men 12|
|Size 47||Men 13|
|Size 48||Men 13.5|
We recommend you measure your foot as shown below to find the right size for you.
You might need different sizes based on the activity or type of workout for which you will be using your shoes including indoor cycling, spin class, running, doing Zumba, or other Latin or ballroom-type dancing.
Measure Your Foot By Following These Steps:
- Locate a ruler with both centimeters and US (or “Imperial”) measurements
- Place one foot on a flat surface – usually a floor- so that it’s parallel to nearby objects
- Mark the longest point of your foot with a pen or pencil
- Measure from where you marked the long point of your foot (in centimeters) and up to but not including the heel; this is called “foot size”
- Mark that distance on one end of your measuring device, then read how many inches are on another side – now measure in US units if using the metric system (imperial) OR convert by dividing numbers as shown below: 12 cm = 0.397 inches/12 x 100 = 39.07 inches
- If there are fractional amounts left over after conversion, round them down, which means divide numbers by two until fractions disappear.
- You now have your foot size in inches.
IMPORTANT: Use the same foot for all measurements to get a reliable measurement.
How many peloton shoes should you have?
You can’t really have too many because they’re so fashionable and fun!
One, two, or three pairs of peloton shoes might be all you need. Make sure you grab the ones that are trending and on sale.
There’s no set number of shoes you need, but it’s a good idea to always have at least one or two in the backup.
What’s the right size peloton shoe for me?
The question of the right size is not one you can answer without some parameters. It’s all down to personal preference and may vary based on height, weight, or even whether the person prefers shoes to come up high or low over their feet.
Overall though, a rule of thumb for women is to buy 37-39 euro sizes (women usually wear size 7 in American sizing). For men, it’s 41-44 euro sizes.[Source]
You’ll need to read the sizing chart on the individual shoe’s page before purchasing because it can vary slightly from brand to brand and model to model.
Peloton shoes are a great investment for any avid cyclist, but before you can purchase your first pair of Peloton cycling shoes it is important to make sure that they will fit properly.
In this article, we have outlined the process of measuring your foot and determining what size to order so be sure to read on!
After reading this article, have you decided if you want to invest in a set of Peloton shoes?
Let us know in the comment box!